Combine a morning Camissa Township Tour with an afternoon visit to Robben Island, infamous site of Nelson Mandela’s incarceration.
This tour looks at the current social and economical situation faced by those living in township communities it also looks at current development programs aimed at improving the lives of people living in township communities vs the struggle of the past which lead into the likes of Nelson Mandela sentenced to life imprisonment at Robben Island
The Robben Island visit includes a return ferry ride, a guided tour of Robben Island and the prison including Nelson Mandela’s cell. The tour ends after the return ferry trip at the Nelson Mandela Gateway, Clocktower, V&A Waterfront.
Please Note; Please provide the name and passport number for all participants This is a new compliance requirement by Robben Island museum
- Minimum of two people
– Departs from 8h30
– 8h30-12h30 – Camissa Township Tour
– 12h30-12h50 – Lunch Break at V&A Waterfront (not included)
– 12h50 – Proceed to Nelson Mandela Gateway
– 13h00-17h00 – Robben Island Tour Tickets for the ferry to Robben Island are subject to weather conditions and availability. Especially in high season (December – February) be aware that the ferry may not necessarily run at the end of the Township tour. In this case, you will be asked to make your way to the Nelson Mandela gateway.
(Tour ends at V&A Waterfront)
– Adults: R890*
– Children (2-12 years): R445*
* Prices valid until 31 May 2018. Please note; A New Robben Island museum compliance regulation is that we must provide full names of all participants of the tour as well as their passport or ID numbers in order for us to be able to buy tickets on your behalf.As such please see to it that you have your identification document or certified copy of on the confirmed day of the tour.