Combine a morning Camissa Township Tour with an afternoon visit to Robben Island, infamous site of Nelson Mandela’s incarceration.
This tour looks at the current social and economical situation faced by those living in township communities it also looks at current development programs aimed at improving the lives of people living in township communities vs the struggle of the past which lead into the likes of Nelson Mandela sentenced to life imprisonment at Robben Island
The Robben Island visit includes a return ferry ride, a guided tour of Robben Island and the prison including Nelson Mandela’s cell. The tour ends after the return ferry trip at the Nelson Mandela Gateway, Clocktower, V&A Waterfront.
- Departs from 8h30
- 8h30-12h30 - Camissa Township Tour
- 12h30-12h50 - Lunch Break at V&A Waterfront (not included)
- 12h50 - Proceed to Nelson Mandela Gateway
- 13h00-17h00 - Robben Island Tour
(Tour ends at V&A Waterfront)
- Adults: R730*
- Children (2-12 years): R365*
* Prices valid until 31 December 2013.